Many thanks to Jim Parks and “Wingmasters” for bringing their “Birds of Prey” program to the library! Adults and school-age kids were treated to an educational program on the feeding habits and flight ergonomics of red-tail hawks, falcons and owls, and got to meet these flying beauties up close and personal. Enjoy!
Apologies for starting this cycle a bit late – but we’re now solidly underway! One book = one raffle ticket, so read as much as you can for a chance to win any of these prizes!
Here’s a complete list:
Cycle 3: Sunday, July 23 – Sunday, August 6:
- Batman color-changing mug
- Escape from New York comic book
- Arrow (TV show) hood ornament
- Jessica Jones figurine
- Wolverine (Logan) figurine
- LEGO Dimensions 3-in-1 Cyborg fun pack
- Nightmare on Elm Street Freddy chopsticks
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles pin
- “Visual compendium of Guitars” poster
- Star Wars R2-D2 purse
- Primal Rage (Overwatch) t-shirt
- Stark Industries (Iron Man) t-shirt
- Stranger Things (Netflix show) t-shirt
- Tetris magnetic strips
- X-Files pencils with sharpener
- Whooz adapter labels: Heroes
- Whooz adapter labels: Originals
- Black dinosaur phone stand
- Purple dinosaur phone stand
- Blue MP4 player
- Assassin’s Creed pin
- Just added! “F in Exams: Complete Failure Edition” book
Last night 11 teens and tweens got together and built a cardboard maze (from discarded large appliance boxes) that currently occupies the area of the Community Room, approximately 25′ X 25′. Below are some pics that showcases their mad maze-building skillz.
The maze is available today and Saturday during library hours for all ages to enjoy. Come be Ah-mazed, and have fun!!
Our Chocolate Olympics was a big hit! Events included Oreo Stacking, M&M Sorting, Whopper Relay, Candy Shuffleboard (with Teams Snickers, Milky Way, and 3 Musketeers battling it out), and Kiss Wrapper Relay. Full-size Hershey Bars and all-the-chocolate-you-can-fit-in-a-Market-Basket-plastic-bag were handed out as prizes. Yummy!
Check out how much fun we had with coding and Minecraft and robots and Raspberry Pi! Can’t be beat! Sign up for our Teen Summer Reading Program and get in on the fun!!
Teen Summer Reading Program
June 25 – August 5
Registration begins Monday, June 19!
Build a Better World this summer with the Rodgers Memorial Library Summer Reading Program (SRP)!
Click here to open the 2017 Teens SRP brochure and take a look at some of the choice summer events and prizes we’re offering for participating, then visit our ReadSquared Summer Reading site to register (click on the Teens [Grade 6-12] tab).
Some of the events this summer include (click on the event name to access the event in our calendar):
- June 27: Girls Who Code Summer Camp / Theater Improv Group
- June 28: Coding with Minecraft / Build a Smart Raspberry Pi Robot / Mother-Daughter Book Club
- June 30: ANNUAL KICK-OFF EVENT: LASER TAG!
- July 12: Chocolate Olympics returns!
- July 13: Build a Cardboard Maze in the Community Room. Free pizza provided!
- July 19: 3D Printing Workshop
Prizes? We’ve got prizes! They include:
- Kindle Fire HD 7, with 32 gig memory card
- Day pass with parking to Six Flags New England
- Gift certificate to Launch Nashua
- Various MP4 players
Events and prizes will be posted here on our blog. Build a Better Word with the Rodgers Memorial Library this summer – and read!
To mark the opening of the movie Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, opening Thursday, November 17 and based on the J. K. Rowling book of the same name, the Rodgers Memorial Library has planned a Harry Potter party!
Anyone arriving in theme-appropriate costumes will go home with a special prize, and we’ll be raffling off some Harry Potter door prizes, including two (one child, one adult) tickets to the Thursday, November 17, 6pm of “Fantastic Beasts” at AMC in Tyngsborough!
Walk through Platform 9 3/4 and “visit” Hogsmeade with a trip to Honeydukes, which features Bertie Botts Every-Flavor-Beans, Cauldron Cakes, and Fizzing Whizzbees! (Honeyduke’s will also be featuring some treats from Weasley’s Wizard Wheezes, including U-No-Poo and Puking Pastilles – yum!)
Hop on over to the Three Broomsticks and sip on some delicious butterbeer and (non-alcoholic – sorry, kids!) fire whiskey!
Create your very own wand, and play some Quidditch, then settle down in the Hogwarts viewing area to watch trailers from the movie “Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them,” followed by “Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone” on our big screen! Come join us! Register here.