Hi everyone – due to an email crash I was not able to access my mail, which had Lianne’s link to the slide she featured on July 25. But my email is back, yay! and I’m able to share Lianne’s slide, see below.
Keep working on your projects! If you’ve finished your project, then feel free to continue with the Codesters more advanced lessons to learn more about Python.
A reminder: Our Parent/Friends night is scheduled for Wednesday, August 9, at 6:30pm. The girls will show off their projects, and we’ll all belly up to the (sundae!) bar and celebrate the girls’ hard work with ice cream and all the toppings!
Many thanks to Jim Parks and “Wingmasters” for bringing their “Birds of Prey” program to the library! Adults and school-age kids were treated to an educational program on the feeding habits and flight ergonomics of red-tail hawks, falcons and owls, and got to meet these flying beauties up close and personal. Enjoy!
Apologies for starting this cycle a bit late – but we’re now solidly underway! One book = one raffle ticket, so read as much as you can for a chance to win any of these prizes!
Here’s a complete list:
Cycle 3: Sunday, July 23 – Sunday, August 6:
- Batman color-changing mug
- Escape from New York comic book
- Arrow (TV show) hood ornament
- Jessica Jones figurine
- Wolverine (Logan) figurine
- LEGO Dimensions 3-in-1 Cyborg fun pack
- Nightmare on Elm Street Freddy chopsticks
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles pin
- “Visual compendium of Guitars” poster
- Star Wars R2-D2 purse
- Primal Rage (Overwatch) t-shirt
- Stark Industries (Iron Man) t-shirt
- Stranger Things (Netflix show) t-shirt
- Tetris magnetic strips
- X-Files pencils with sharpener
- Whooz adapter labels: Heroes
- Whooz adapter labels: Originals
- Black dinosaur phone stand
- Purple dinosaur phone stand
- Blue MP4 player
- Assassin’s Creed pin
- Just added! “F in Exams: Complete Failure Edition” book
Yup, more prizes
That Beatles album is dope.
Below is a complete list of all the prizes available through this raffle cycle. Read, get raffle tickets, and spend them wisely! Enter as often as you read for more chances to win! See a complete list of all raffle and grand prizes here.
Cycle 2: Sunday, July 9 – Saturday, July 22 (subject to change):
- Batman keychain
- Superman #1 comic book (reprint)
- Aguilar (Assassin’s Creed) figurine
- Battlestar Galactica Cyclon Raider figurine
- Doctor Strange figurine
- Firefly (TV show) patch
- Game of Thrones (featuring Melisandre) journal
- Back to the Future Flux Capacitor light-up keychain
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles mini mug
- Halloween (movie) pin
- Power Rangers pin
- Star Wars: Figure Fantasy book
- Obliviator (Fantastic Beasts) t-shirt
- Negan Sluggers (Walking Dead) t-shirt
- The Goonies t-shirt
- Unicorn cupcake bath salts
- Whooz adapter labels: Freak
- Beatles’ Sgt. Pepper Lonely Hearts Club Band vinyl record
- Black portable charger
- Blue dinosaur phone stand
- Green MP4 player
- Pink MP4 player
- LEGO “Chain Reactions” craft kit
Last night 11 teens and tweens got together and built a cardboard maze (from discarded large appliance boxes) that currently occupies the area of the Community Room, approximately 25′ X 25′. Below are some pics that showcases their mad maze-building skillz.
The maze is available today and Saturday during library hours for all ages to enjoy. Come be Ah-mazed, and have fun!!
Some of our a-mazing builders
Mugging for the camera
“Guardians of the Galaxy: Awesome Mix 1” is a great soundtrack to build to.
Still working hard at 8:30pm