Many thanks to Jim Parks and “Wingmasters” for bringing their “Birds of Prey” program to the library! Adults and school-age kids were treated to an educational program on the feeding habits and flight ergonomics of red-tail hawks, falcons and owls, and got to meet these flying beauties up close and personal. Enjoy!
Last night 11 teens and tweens got together and built a cardboard maze (from discarded large appliance boxes) that currently occupies the area of the Community Room, approximately 25′ X 25′. Below are some pics that showcases their mad maze-building skillz.
The maze is available today and Saturday during library hours for all ages to enjoy. Come be Ah-mazed, and have fun!!
Check out how much fun we had with coding and Minecraft and robots and Raspberry Pi! Can’t be beat! Sign up for our Teen Summer Reading Program and get in on the fun!!
Teen Summer Reading Program
June 25 – August 5
Registration begins Monday, June 19!
Build a Better World this summer with the Rodgers Memorial Library Summer Reading Program (SRP)!
Click here to open the 2017 Teens SRP brochure and take a look at some of the choice summer events and prizes we’re offering for participating, then visit our ReadSquared Summer Reading site to register (click on the Teens [Grade 6-12] tab).
Some of the events this summer include (click on the event name to access the event in our calendar):
- June 27: Girls Who Code Summer Camp / Theater Improv Group
- June 28: Coding with Minecraft / Build a Smart Raspberry Pi Robot / Mother-Daughter Book Club
- June 30: ANNUAL KICK-OFF EVENT: LASER TAG!
- July 12: Chocolate Olympics returns!
- July 13: Build a Cardboard Maze in the Community Room. Free pizza provided!
- July 19: 3D Printing Workshop
Prizes? We’ve got prizes! They include:
- Kindle Fire HD 7, with 32 gig memory card
- Day pass with parking to Six Flags New England
- Gift certificate to Launch Nashua
- Various MP4 players
Events and prizes will be posted here on our blog. Build a Better Word with the Rodgers Memorial Library this summer – and read!